Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Conchita


What name would you like to be known as in this interview?
What name - this is a good question, because at the moment I am dealing in multiple personalities – this is not a question of hiding rather creating a total chaos so that nobody can recognize me. The definitive name I have and which cannot trigger a (Verwechslung) is Lena-Franziska Christine Matthia Wicke-Aengenheyster. In google you can find me under Lena Wicke, Lena-Franziska Wicke, Mouche Mouche, Theatercombinat, STAATSAFFAIRE and Runter Kommen alle... I am part of God´s Entertainment, Super Nase & Co and in the future I will be also Affairedétats. This a question of economy, politics and strategies. It is a question about how to deal with the market, of liberty, being everywhere and nowhere, ways the most interesting part of it. Theatre is communication, the space of communication and it is one of the greatest pleasure to use it and to built up in this space different kinds of communication or better said to look for different ways to communicate, to look for and to deal with different kinds of strategies to communicate – with another performer, with another medium, with an object, with the audience, the spectator, another person you did not know before. The energy is part of this process.

When last did you cook?
I do not know, in my every day life I do not proceed with cooking as a ritual or something comparable. It is more the moment to put some carrots, potatoes, onions, other legumes and alot of garlic – my most favourite vegetable - into a pot for very quick way to have some food. Garlic has to be involved. (citation: This is not Herman Nitsch) I am a person who has the great chance to be with a man who does this job.

When recently have you sung? Yesterday during the day. The sun was shining and I went with some colleagues to get many coins, I could not get the song out of my head: "This is not America“ by David Bowie.

Do you wear scent? In general I do not like scent, it creates a scent which is not yours. I like smelling people. I like the individual scent of a body. Every person has their own natural perfume. I like to smell it, it is part of meeting somebody, of making someones acquaintance. That's why I use very little shampoo for example and shower gel I do not use. Sometimes, if I feel like changing myself for a moment, I will use a very little scent, just as much as you need to give another touch to your body or personality. But it must not be pushy, I must not push myself, it just has to be an invisible accompaniment.

What question would you like to ask the next interviewee? Do you eat bread or rolls? Do you like garlic and what does it mean for you? What is the most amazing thing that you saw in Liverpool? How did you perceive Liverpool? Did you meet Suzan J. Curtis? What would you ask with the question "This is not .... ?“

Conchita is a member of Viennese art projects Super Nase & Co and Gods Entertainment. She performed in The Love Club at the A Foundation as part of the Liverpool Biennial 2008.
www.gods-entertainment.org


Cochita was interviewed and photographed by Julia Waugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.